Monday, September 26, 2011
In these years of using PDAs and smartphones have been able to enjoy many games, but simple given the limited power (until recently) of the computers that was designed, had an addictive gameplay and capacity comparable to the best arcade games , console or PC. I remember with special affection Space Trader , Lemonade Tycoon , Bike or Die , Vexed , and many others, all games that surprised me at the time so I just commented. And a few days I have to have this feeling with a game that can not be simple in its approach, but nevertheless is having me hooked for hours: Planetary Wars .
It's a game I installed by accident, but a little research proves to be a more successful version appeared first for iOS and then ported to Android and WebOS , called Galcon . There are versions of the game online , PC , and is even used in algorithmic contests .
Excellent strategy game with simple mechanics
The mechanics are simple:
- The display shows a part of outer space with a number of planets of different sizes. We started installed in one of them (colored in green) and the enemy in another (colored in red). The other planets are neutral (gray).
- On each planet is a number. Represents the number of ships that are installed on it. If a team has him, this number increases with time, and the rate at which it makes is proportional to the size of the planet. It is therefore more interesting to have occupied a small one large planet, in order to increase our navy.
- The planets are also neutral but this is a fixed number. Represents the number of ships we should send the same to claim this planet for us.
- The objective of the game is to conquer one by one all the planets, whether neutral or occupied, to eliminate the opposing team. We will win when it fits any busy planet (in red).
- To move our navy from one planet to another simply have to select it with your finger and drag it to the destination planet. We can move ships from multiple planets at once by simply running over them the finger of a stroke (in Galcon this is not possible, in return we can select all the planets with a double tap). In any case automatically half the ships stationed on each planet leave for the destination.
- Every game you win gives us a point, and each match loss remains for us third.
- The game has great strategic component, as the result of the game can change a resounding defeat to a landslide victory in its way such large planets strike first but with many points, or small but easily conquered if we try to conquer us first space or prefer to quickly attack the enemy planets largely indefensible, etc..
The grace of the game is that it maintains a global list of scores on the we can see what position we are winning games as we go. And Galcon for example it is possible to play directly online multiplayer against players from all over the world.
Planetary Wars is free, although the original is Galcon payment (not very expensive). There are many more free games that use the same mechanics as Planet Wars Lite , Solar Wars , Universe Conquest , Battle Star , Crystal Wars , Avid Planets and more, which gives an idea of the tremendous success of this game is having, and in my opinion reason.
In short, a game that stands out for the highly addictive it is and how many different strategies with which you can play, and other qualities that starting a game never know if we will win or not, and that shows up with practice we are gradually gaining experience and being more effective in increasingly complex levels. Elijáis the application that you choose, I recommend you to try, as it is really worth.